Wednesday, July 25, 2012

3 Recommended Posts

As I was surfing the web, looking for a specific article, I came across several interesting articles to share, all pertaining in some way to higher education and/or careers.

First is an article done by WFTX-TV in Naples, FL.  This article is talking about the higher numbers of people who are going "under the laser" to have their tattoos removed as part of their job search.  One of the main things referenced is that because the numbers of people getting tattoos is rising, it only makes sense that laser removal is rising.  To read the whole story, click HERE

I don't know about all of you readers out there, but I will proudly admit that I am one of the millions sporting some ink.  I have never once considered getting it removed as part of my job search, however it is a small design that is on the inside of one ankle.  It isn't very noticeable and has a very special meaning to me.  However, I understand why some people think it might up their chances of landing a job if they have it removed.  It is a personal choice and really, there is no wrong decision.

Second, I found a video on CNN.com about how college can be more affordable.  One of the suggestions offered by the experts is to attend a state supported college.  Of course, as an employee at a state supported institution, I found this advice to be priceless.  Not to brag, but public higher education in SD provides an amazing return on what is comparably a small investment.  Check out this video HERE

Finally, an article from Huffington Post.  This article runs down the 10 most awesome classes offered at colleges and universities from around the country.  A couple of them include:  The Philosopher's Stone: Alchemy from Antiquity to Harry Potter and Stupidity.  Yes, you read that correctly, there is a class offered from Occidental College titled "Stupidity."  It is a fun and light hearted read, so if you need a break from whatever you're working on, check it out HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment